“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
–Martin Luther King, Jr.
THE HOMELESS BILL OF RIGHTS:
1. Right to move freely, rest, sleep, & pray and be protected in public spaces without discrimination.
2. Right to occupy a legally parked vehicle.
3. Right to share food and eat in public.
4. Right to legal counsel if being prosecuted.
5. Right to 24-hour access to “hygiene facilities.”
6. Require judges to consider necessity defense in homeless related cases.
Why I stand behind the Homeless Bill of Rights (and believe you should too):
Because it should never be illegal to survive, nor should we as tax payers pay to criminalize someone for getting by. Until we have enough resources to eradicate homelessness all together, it’s vital we treat each person as a human being and offer homeless persons the amenities that we would demand for ourselves. Let’s band together to make change happen.
Learn more and join the movement HERE.
3 thoughts on “Homeless Bill of Rights; Join the Movement”
I think you mean “band together” instead of “ban together” in the 2nd to last paragraph. Sorry to be “that guy.”
Don’t be. “That guy” is my favorite. I typo at least once in everything I publish, it’s a gift.